80 Mage App

Pom

80 Mage App Empty 80 Mage App

Post  Pom on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Character Name: Pompirate

Level: 80

Class: Mage

Your Age: 20

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Pompirate

Spec: Frostfire 0/51/20

Professions: JC 420/450 Enchanting 413/450

Raid experience pre WotLK:
    Pre BC: MC cleared, BWL cleared, ZG cleared, AQ20 cleared, AQ40 cleared all but C'thun, 3 Bosses down in naxx40.
    BC: Kara cleared, Gruul cleared, Mag cleared, SSC cleared, TK cleared, 3/9BT, Hyjal cleared, Haven't seen any Sunwell.

Able to attend 75% of raids?: Yes

Are you prepared to be in PvE spec for every raid?: 100% of raids i will be raid spec'd

What is your previous guild and reason for leaving?: My previous Guild is Chromatic Dawn an aussie raiding guild on Bonechewer US server. I am currently and Officer in the guild. We have had a large number of core raiders leave and the majority of serious gamers are looking for new homes, as we are unable to conjure the numbers for 25 mans.

Why should we recruit you over someone else?: Because I am experienced with WOTLK content and I'm dedicated to being the best raiding mage i can be.

What mods are you currently running?:
    AG unit frames
    Atlas loot enhanced
    Auctioneer
    Bartender4
    Cartographer
    Decursive
    E casting bar
    Omen3
    Gladius
    Power Auras classic
    Recount
    Quest helper
    Scrolling Combat text
    Deadly Boss mods

Do you have Ventrilo and a working Microphone?: Yes i have both.

Basic computer and internet specs?:
    Gigabyte 9800GT graphics card
    6400+ AMD dual core prossessor
    Terabyte of HDD
    Dual 2x 1Gb team elite ram

I have optus Cable 512k internet. I have found it to be extremely reliable in my area.

What made you pick Uprising?
    I have been looking at many serious raiding guilds. You guys have a good reputation on your server.

Do you have any alts of note?:
    I have a level 80 Horde warlock but i barely play it and its pretty irrelavant.

What is your favourite song?:
    Unretrofied - The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Pawsdeep
    Pawsdeep
    Officer
    Officer

80 Mage App Empty Re: 80 Mage App

Post  Pawsdeep on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Good gear, good achievements / accomplishments, officer experience.

Gemming / spec is a little bit strange - experimenting?

That's a yep from me.

Edit: Not sure if you're aware Gundrak is a very low pop server - just want to ensure you know what you're getting into. Some people love it, some people hate it. We're ultimately looking for people who want to stay long term. Ulduar is around the corner, and we want to smash it.

Officer
    Officer

Post  Aeon on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 am

Thats a yes from me, aslong as u take into consideration what hotstreak said about our server Smile
    Schumacher
    Schumacher
    Admin

Post  Schumacher on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:01 am

Tbh I love the low population. No queues, bit hard to do heroics and when training/farming there is noone around making it very easy.

Definate yes from me, your gear looks great and application is impressive.

Please whisper either Schumacher, Aeon, Hotstreak, Ryzar or Ubaduck for a trial Smile

Post  Pom on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:27 am

Nah its not experimental, I've just found that i don't have enough trouble with mana to necessitate points in frost channeling and i use omen so i never pull threat.
    Also points in flamethrowing do not apply to FFB so I haven't bothered with that. By freeing up those points i have given my blizzard a chill affect which now means that because of frostbite it has a chance to freeze my target. So with shatter that frozen target now has 50% higher chance it will be crit by my continuing blizzard spell. This makes for a huge increase in AOE dps over trash pulls and in some cases adds during a boss fight. I think it is quite a valid change.

The gems i have used to primarily reach the hit cap of 18%. I get 3% from talents therefore i need an addition 15%. I then receive 1% from heroic presence, meaning that i require around 14% from gear. Beyond that point i have gemmed to include around about 35% crit self buffed and the rest spell power. I have found that the 11% cast speed increase i get from haste on my gear is more than enough.
    Pawsdeep
    Pawsdeep
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Pawsdeep on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Pom wrote:Nah its not experimental, I've just found that i don't have enough trouble with mana to necessitate points in frost channeling and i use omen so i never pull threat.
    Also points in flamethrowing do not apply to FFB so I haven't bothered with that. By freeing up those points i have given my blizzard a chill affect which now means that because of frostbite it has a chance to freeze my target. So with shatter that frozen target now has 50% higher chance it will be crit by my continuing blizzard spell. This makes for a huge increase in AOE dps over trash pulls and in some cases adds during a boss fight. I think it is quite a valid change.

Sounds valid I guess, since the majority of the current available content is trash.

Pom wrote:
    The gems i have used to primarily reach the hit cap of 18%. I get 3% from talents therefore i need an addition 15%. I then receive 1% from heroic presence, meaning that i require around 14% from gear. Beyond that point i have gemmed to include around about 35% crit self buffed and the rest spell power. I have found that the 11% cast speed increase i get from haste on my gear is more than enough.

Firstly, the hit cap is 17%, not 18%. Secondly you'll certainly get 3% from raid buffs (misery/faeri fire) since we have both. Including talents and a friendly draenei, makes for a much more reasonable target of 10% Smile

Looking forward to you coming over though. I'm a fan of people who know enough about their class to justify their decisions with it as opposed to those who do things randomly or copy from a forum.

Post  Pom on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Fair call, im just used to not being in a proper balanced raid due to not having enough members.
    I'll be doing my last naxx25 on my server tomorrow and xferring over sometime next week. Just because i'm thinking u guys would have already cleared it for the week.
    Cheers guys thanks for all the quick feedback look forward to raiding with u all.
    Ranggarn
    Ranggarn

Post  Ranggarn on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:15 pm

YES NEW SCORCH *****!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:23 pm