Uprising

of Gundrak

Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?)

Sevine2

Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?) Empty Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?)

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:40 am

Apologies for the username, but I registered and it is inactive, and won't let me logon with it, so I had to use a different unregistered one here O,o

Character Name:
    Sevine

Your Age:

Level:
    80 (I do find it sad you have to ask this Very Happy

Class:
    Mage

Spec:
    Frostfire - 0/56/15 - Currently a somewhat hybrid heroic / solo spec.
    For raiding I would change this somewhat, get rid of things like blast wave, dragons breath and firestarter which are helpful for heroics and soloing, but nearly useless for raids Very Happy
    Always willing to try out new specs, and to be honest, with current gear, fireball spec is probably higher DPS.

Professions:
    Eng / Miner (still working on the eng skill for crafted helm)

Burning Crusade raid experience:
    SSC: Mage and shammy all bosses up to Vashj (no kill) as a shammy kiting Striders.
    TK: Void Reaver, Astromancer, many al'ar attempts (no kills)
    Karaz: cleared over and over and over
    ZA: most bosses, but I quit WoW soon after realase
    Therefore, no sunwell exp.

WotLK raid experience:
    Next to nill so far, one pug which failed miserably to Heroic Vault of Archavon.
    I still can't quite grasp the fact you can pug raids... so I have so far avoided them somewhat. Equilibrium is haphazard at best in organising them I've found.

Able to attend 75% of raids?:
    Shouldn't be a problem Smile

Are you prepared to be in PvE spec for every raid?:
    Anyone who isn't deserves to be shot, although dual spec will make this much easier Very Happy

What is your previous guild and reason for leaving?:
    Equilibrium, only joined recently as a place to be after I transferred from Nagrand. Some decent people, but a lack of real organisation.

Why should we recruit you over someone else?:
    I have a long experience in WoW stretching back to 2 weeks after original release. I have raided consistantly upon reaching max level, MC, BWL, AQ, Nax then Karaz, SSC, TK.
    I also believe that having a life is important outside of WoW (zomg!). So therefore I want to get the most out of the time I am playing, not wasting my time doing boring little solo quests with no meaning.
    For me WoW is raiding, and I put in the hard yards to help make it a success.
    I am also active on forums and guild chat, I like to contribute to strats and enjoy figuring out the niggling little things that are preventing us from getting that niggling little last % hp.
    I also like min/maxing - spec and gearwise. While I am relativly low geared at the moment I managed to get the % hit cap just recently (after hitting 80 about 3 weeks back, after not playing WoW for nearly a year) - still working on getting a few pieces of gear to get my stats up to a reasonably level, but I believe what I have is OK for entry level raiding.

What mods are you currently running?:
    Too many to name really... but:
    MetaHud
    Ace
    Grid
    FuBar
    AutoBar
    Some mage timer mod (cannot recall name) - has molten bomb timers and scorch timers
    gatherer / auctioneer (ok not relevant i know)
    clique (click casting to decurse ftw!)
    No Bigwigs or DBM yet as I havn't raided, most def will install though. (which is currently preferred?)

Do you have Ventrilo and a working Microphone?:
    Indeed.

Basic computer and internet specs?:
    3GHz Dual Core / 4GB RAM / 1TB HDD / ATI 4850 512MB
    Internode Cable (10Mbit I believe, account in a housemates name currently)

What made you pick Uprising?
    Recruiting mages Razz
    You've been established for a while, so you're not goign to suddenly disband on me (i hope? Very Happy ) Generally when I pick a guild I stick with it till the end.
    Raiding consistantly - as noted above, that is why I play WoW.

Do you have any alts of note?:
    Psykar - 70 shammy... has also raided at level 70, although still needs leveling obviously.

What is your favourite song?:
    Shiny Toy Guns - Starts With One
    Or, if that is too obscure,
    Muse - Map of the Problematique.

Thanks
    Sevine2

Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?) Empty Re: Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?)

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 am

AMFG.... can't edit... MAGE NOT PRIEST
    Sevine2

Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?) Empty Re: Sevine - Priest - 0/56/15 (but what's 50g nowdays?)

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:08 am

I hate to double post but this lack of being able to edit is annoying me.

I should have added:
    Noticed you bashing a few people recently due to lack of enchants etc. The main reason none of mine are yet is that many will not last a week at the moment due to only hitting 80 recently. Def planning on getting weap gloves and boots enchanted over the weekend, and getting some blue gems happening (although I find it sad that belt of blasting and spellstrike pants are still comparable to level 80 gear O,o)

I have a list of easy upgrades I should be able to get before raids as well:
    Sevine2

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:10 am

And I can't post links Sad
    docs. google. com / Doc?id=dgsrnp5_25ch3g9zdn
    Bogan
    Bogan

Post  Bogan on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:05 am

Decent application, It depends if your dedicated and skilled.
    If you a dedicated and skilled player, you will easily be able to get a set of gear from 10/25 mans that will be sufficent for raiding.
    Did you raid as a mage Pre BC? and did you actually raid Naxxarmas 40 man and AQ 40?

Goodluck with your application
    Sevine2

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:14 am

Yeah I did AQ40 up to twin emps.
    Also attempted Rasuvious and got him to 5% before the 2.0 patch, which killed all our healers UI's when they tried to MC the students.
    And Anub'Rekan was just painful...

We actually tried AQ40 again sometime ago at 70, with ~ 20 of us, and Twin Emps where still a pain then, although everything else died rather quickly.

I'd actually love to do it again sometime Very Happy

Thanks,
    Sevine.
    Pawsdeep
    Pawsdeep
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Pawsdeep on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Those who know me know that I'm a perfectionist and will often, as you put it yourself, bash non-maxed enchants, gems, spec, etc. In saying that, I appreciate the effort you've put into your app, I really do. Effort has gone into it.

I think you're aware that your character requires a lot of work and I'm glad you're aware of this (unlike some). I'll make you a deal if you like - if you're as dedicated as you say you are, get your toon sorted in time for Wednesday's raid and we'll see if we can trial you in it.

Post  Jonoku on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:23 pm

I can't figure out how you can accidentally title your app with the wrong class Shocked
    Rade

Post  Rade on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:32 pm

u need more then 50g for brain surgery
    sevine2

Post  sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I can't figure out how you can accidentally title your app with the wrong class Shocked
    I am quite simply way to used to the edit feature of forums here and there... I copy paste and forget to edit the key feature of the app Embarassed

By Wednesday, my gear will be enchanted, gemmed and equipped ready for boss fights in Nax 10/25 judge how you will.
    If I'm rejected I thanks for your time.

As I mentioned, I will continue gearing up to a level I see fit for raiding for entry level Nax 10 or 25 pug. But pug raids just simply don't cut it for me.As for the 50g for brain surgery Very Happy ... I had epic riding pre BC, and have around 2k G sitting around, rest assured this will *not* go to waste Very Happy

Apparently I misread an earlier post, I did raid on my *mage* pre-BC so I *do* know the class. I only started my shaman post-BC as my current guild was lacking in this department and needed elemental shaman DPS.... I have always prefered my mage, created 2 weeks after *original* release, and while I like to fulfil a guilds requirements, my original idea was to be the absolute 'glass canon' that describes us to be.

Thanks for the feedback, and yell at me in-game if you would like to check me out (heroics are always a go as shown from the document I've posted))

Sevine - (yes I'm both drunk and a male, so sue me)
    Pawsdeep
    Pawsdeep
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Pawsdeep on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:30 pm

sevine2 wrote:
    Apparently I misread an earlier post, I did raid on my *mage* pre-BC so I *do* know the class. I only started my shaman post-BC as my current guild was lacking in this department and needed elemental shaman DPS.... I have always prefered my mage, created 2 weeks after *original* release, and while I like to fulfil a guilds requirements, my original idea was to be the absolute 'glass canon' that describes us to be.

Having a classic wow pvp title indicates you played the toon pre-bc, yet all of your raid achievements were earnt in 2008/2009. These 2 facts should add together better.

Post  Ubaduck on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:40 pm

all achieves were awarded end of 2008 when the achieve system was put in place
    Pawsdeep
    Pawsdeep
    Officer
    Officer

Post  Pawsdeep on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Achievement system was put in place 10/14/2008. Only achievements done before that date must have been done prior.

Post  Jonoku on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:06 pm

All my pre wotl achievements are on 25/12/08 (Xmas:P) coz thats when I became active again! Including C'thun kill!!

On another note I'd love to go back and kill C'thun with Uprising, easily the most fun I've had with a boss fight since I've been playing the game.
    Sevine2

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 pm

I wasn't actually playing WoW at the time that achivments where released anyway sadly... I wish it had have back dated ones such as Nef, which were only included if you had completed the AQ40 quest or you had looted his had (which was useless for a mage... only his trinket was any good (Neltharion's Tear) but I was crap low on DKP from the blade off Molten Giant dude from MC (Golemagg)and the necklace off Ragnaros himself (choker of the firelord which was still uber even into SSC/TK gear)
    On current notes, enchanted wrists, and recently got my new wand and chest from heroic AZ (need gems / enchants still... who can craft potent monarch topaz Very Happy )
    Bogan
    Bogan

Post  Bogan on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:05 am

Pawsdeep wrote:Achievement system was put in place 10/14/2008. Only achievements done before that date must have been done prior.

Lol, my Pre BC achievments weren't even recognised. Trial on wednesday if applicable, if his no good, Than thats that.
    Jonoku

Post  Jonoku on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:20 am

Yeah some of mine weren't recognised either - ZG and AQ 20 for example. It just all over the place I guess.
    Tyrandasn

Post  Tyrandasn on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:17 am

Pre BC achievements for raids weren't acknowledged unless u had the items from the last boss /sigh @ bank space

O.o a priest that is a water vendor MUST SEE!!!!
    Jonoku

Post  Jonoku on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:51 am

Tyrandasn wrote:Pre BC achievements for raids weren't acknowledged unless u had the items from the last boss /sigh @ bank space

O.o a priest that is a water vendor MUST SEE!!!!

Nah that can't be right either coz I deleted my C'thun loot in BC for bank space too but it still gave me achievement Razz
    Sevine2

Post  Sevine2 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:54 am

My understanding is you get the achievment if either
    a) You have loot from the boss
    or
    b) You have finished a quest involving killing the boss (eg, head of onyxia/nefarian etc)
    Ubaduck

Post  Ubaduck on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:19 am

yeah thats what i thought as well
    Schumacher
    Schumacher
    Admin

Post  Schumacher on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Sevine2 wrote:My understanding is you get the achievment if either
    a) You have loot from the boss
    or
    b) You have finished a quest involving killing the boss (eg, head of onyxia/nefarian etc)

Exactly right, my original Shaman never had the achievement from Black Temple but I had cleared it prior the achievement system. People in that guild who had loot from Illidan receieved the achievement tho.

Post  Sevine2 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:38 am

Nowhere else to put it apparently... forum access? Registered username is Sevine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 pm